Old Dominion Relocates Albuquerque Service Center
New facility adds 40 percent more doors than previous location
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (Nov. 4, 2013) – Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. today relocated its Albuquerque Service Center to a larger facility to meet rising demand in the region.
With 43 employees, the newly constructed service center contains 41 doors – a 40 percent increase from the previous location.
The service center ships a variety of freight thanks to New Mexico’s strong energy and technology industries.The facility also serves an important linehaul point for freight traveling east-west on Interstate 40 and north-south on Interstate 25.
“We’re extremely proud of our state-of-the-art facility, as it will allow us to continue to provide our customers with premium service,” said Lenore Hennie, manager of the Albuquerque Service Center. “The additional space will increase our efficiency while sustaining the company’s long-term growth both regionally and nationally.”
The service center provides direct service throughout much of New Mexico, including Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Rio Rancho, Gallup, Los Lunas, Los Alamos, Grants and Española.
The facility is located at 330 Airport Road in Albuquerque and is one of two Old Dominion service centers in New Mexico.
Old Dominion, recently named one of the nation’s fastest growing companies by FORTUNE Magazine, continues to invest in new or existing facilities around the country. The company expects to spend $130 million on real estate purchases and expansion projects by the end of 2013.
For more information about Old Dominion, visit www.odfl.com or call (800) 432-6335.
About Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc.
Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. (NASDAQ: ODFL) is a leading, less-than-truckload (“LTL”), union-free company providing regional, inter-regional and national LTL service. In addition to its core LTL services, the Company offers its customers a broad range of logistics services including ground and air expedited transportation, supply chain consulting, transportation management, truckload brokerage, container delivery and warehousing. In addition, Old Dominion offers a consumer product for household moving: OD Household Services. Through strategic partnerships, the Company also offers international freight forwarding services throughout the world. OD consistently has one of the lowest claims ratio and best time on-time records in the industry. For more than 79 years, Old Dominion has been helping the world keep promises.
In 2013, Old Dominion was recognized with the following acknowledgements for company leadership in the industry:
- Mastio & Company ranked Old Dominion as No. 1 National LTL carrier for the third consecutive year in a row.
- Forbes Magazine named Old Dominion as one of America’s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies.
- NASSTRAC honored the company as 2013 Carrier of the Year.
- CIO magazine recognized Old Dominion for IT Excellence with the CIO 100 Award for the fifth consecutive year.
- Inbound Logistics named the company to its 75 Green Supply Chain Partners (G75) List.
- For the 4th consecutive year, Logistics Management honored OD with the Quest for Quality Award.
- Fortune Magazine named OD as one of the Top 100 Fastest-Growing Companies.
- Inbound Logistics magazine recognized Old Dominion as a 2013 Top 100 Trucker