Old Dominion Expands in Albany, N.Y.
New service center adds 45 percent more doors
ALBANY, N.Y. (Feb. 10, 2013) – Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. recently relocated its Albany Service Center to a larger facility – making room for the company’s continued growth in Upstate New York.
The newly constructed service center contains 72 doors – a 45 percent increase from the previous facility. Old Dominion employs 50 people at this location.
The service center benefits from its close proximity to Interstates 90 and 87. The company has maintained a presence in Albany since 1998.
“With 33 additional doors, this state-of-the-art service center will help us keep up with strong demand for LTL services in the region,” said Mike McGinness manager of the Albany Service Center. “We look forward to upholding Old Dominion’s promise to deliver premium service to all its customers from our new and improved facility.”
The Albany Service Center provides direct service throughout Upstate New York, including Albany, Kingston, Schenectady, Clifton Park, Saratoga Springs, Glens Falls, Gloversville and Johnstown.
The facility is located at 11 Seventh St. in Glenville and is one of five Old Dominion service centers in the state of New York. Old Dominion also maintains facilities in Brooklyn, Buffalo, Long Island and Syracuse.
For more information about Old Dominion, visit www.odfl.com or call (800) 432-6335.
About Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc.
Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. (NASDAQ: ODFL) is a leading, less-than-truckload (“LTL”), union-free company providing regional, inter-regional and national LTL service. In addition to its core LTL services, the Company offers its customers a broad range of logistics services including ground and air expedited transportation, supply chain consulting, transportation management, truckload brokerage, container delivery and warehousing. In addition, Old Dominion offers a consumer product for household moving: OD Household Services. Through strategic partnerships, the Company also offers international freight forwarding services throughout the world. Old Dominion’s claims ratio and on-time record are among the best in the industry. For more than 80 years, Old Dominion has been helping the world keep promises.
In 2013, Old Dominion was recognized with the following acknowledgements for company leadership in the industry:
- Mastio & Company ranked Old Dominion as No. 1 National LTL carrier for the fourth consecutive year.
- Forbes Magazine named Old Dominion as one of America’s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies.
- NASSTRAC honored the company as 2013 Carrier of the Year.
- CIO magazine recognized Old Dominion for IT Excellence with the CIO 100 Award for the fifth consecutive year.
- Inbound Logistics named the company to its 75 Green Supply Chain Partners (G75) List.
- For the 4th consecutive year, Logistics Management honored OD with the Quest for Quality Award.
- Fortune Magazine named OD as one of the Top 100 Fastest-Growing Companies.
- Inbound Logistics magazine recognized Old Dominion as a 2013 Top 100 Trucker.
- Fleet Owner magazine honors OD with Fleet of the Year Award.