Old Dominion Expands Asheville, N.C., Service Center
Brand new facility allows for continued growth in region
ASHEVILLE, N.C. (Oct.28, 2013)– Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. today expanded its Asheville Service Center to a brand new facility with more room for Old Dominion’s sustained growth in Western North Carolina.
The 43-door facility is strategically positioned near the intersection of Interstates 26 and 40. The service center employs 33 people.
Old Dominion has maintained a facility in Asheville since 1997. Located between Washington, D.C. and Miami, the service center serves as a central location for freight traveling through the Southeastern U.S. The service center also benefits from the region’s thriving manufacturing industry.
“Old Dominion has witnessed considerable growth during its 16 years in Asheville, and this larger, modern facility will allow us to better accommodate customers new and old alike,” said Charles Price, manager of the Asheville Service Center. “The extra space will also allow for future growth in the region.”
The service center provides direct service to Asheville, Arden, Hendersonville, Waynesville, Marion, Brevard, Franklin, Fletcher, Bryson City, Spruce Pine and Murphy in North Carolina.
The facility is located at 2154 Hendersonville Road in Arden and is one of eight Old Dominion service centers in North Carolina (in addition to its corporate headquarters in Thomasville).
Old Dominion, recently named one of the nation’s fastest growing companies by FORTUNE Magazine, continues to invest in new or existing facilities around the country. The company expects to spend $130 million on real estate purchases and expansion projects by the end of 2013.
For more information about Old Dominion, visit www.odfl.com or call (800) 432-6335.
About Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc.
Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. (NASDAQ: ODFL) is a leading, less-than-truckload (“LTL”), union-free company providing regional, inter-regional and national LTL service. In addition to its core LTL services, the Company offers its customers a broad range of logistics services including ground and air expedited transportation, supply chain consulting, transportation management, truckload brokerage, container delivery and warehousing. In addition, Old Dominion offers a consumer product for household moving: OD Household Services. Through strategic partnerships, the Company also offers international freight forwarding services throughout the world. OD consistently has one of the lowest claims ratio and best time on-time records in the industry. For more than 79 years, Old Dominion has been helping the world keep promises.
In 2013, Old Dominion was recognized with the following acknowledgements for company leadership in the industry:
- Mastio & Company ranked Old Dominion as No. 1 National LTL carrier for the third consecutive year in a row.
- Forbes Magazine named Old Dominion as one of America’s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies.
- NASSTRAC honored the company as 2013 Carrier of the Year.
- CIO magazine recognized Old Dominion for IT Excellence with the CIO 100 Award for the fifth consecutive year.
- Inbound Logistics named the company to its 75 Green Supply Chain Partners (G75) List.
- For the 4th consecutive year, Logistics Management honored OD with the Quest for Quality Award.
- Fortune Magazine named OD as one of the Top 100 Fastest-Growing Companies.
- Inbound Logistics magazine recognized Old Dominion as a 2013 Top 100 Trucker