Old Dominion Named to Forbes Magazine's "America's 100 Most Trustworthy Companies" List
THOMASVILLE, N.C. (April 7, 2014) – Forbes magazine has again named Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. one of "America's Most Trustworthy Companies."
This is the third consecutive year that Old Dominion has received this annual recognition. The award is given to companies with reputable and transparent business practices. Old Dominion is one of only four companies to appear on the list three consecutive times during the previous three years.
Each year, Forbes compiles the list based on its review of the accounting and governance behaviors of more than 8,000 publicly-traded companies in North America. In assessing each company, Forbes considers factors including: high risk events, SEC actions, bankruptcy risks and revenue and expense recognition methods as indicators of the company's credibility.
"We are incredibly honored to make the list again this year," said David Congdon, Old Dominion's President and CEO. "For 80 years, Old Dominion's success has hinged on its reputation of being a company of transparency and integrity. This award serves as a testament to our promise to employees, customers, and investors to maintain a strong culture that delivers a premium service at a fair and equitable price."
Companies on the list were assigned a quarterly "Accounting and Governance Risk" score (AGR,) based on the firm's proprietary assessment model. Old Dominion was included in the mid-cap group of companies and maintained an AGR of 86 out of a possible score of 100 for the past four quarters.
To view the 100 Most Trustworthy Companies list, visit: http://www.forbes.com/sites/kathryndill/2014/03/18/americas-100-most-trustworthy-companies/
For more information about Old Dominion, visit www.odfl.com or call (800) 432-6335.
About Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc.
Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. (NASDAQ: ODFL) is a leading, less-than-truckload (“LTL”), union-free company providing premium service to all its customers. OD offers regional, inter-regional and national LTL service. In addition to its core LTL services, the company offers its customers a broad range of logistics services including ground and air expedited transportation, supply chain consulting, transportation management, truckload brokerage, container delivery and warehousing. In addition, Old Dominion offers a consumer product for household moving: OD Household Services. Through strategic partnerships, the Company also offers international freight forwarding services throughout the world. Old Dominion’s claims ratio and on-time record are among the best in the industry. For more than 80 years, Old Dominion has been helping the world keep promises.
Recently, Old Dominion was recognized with the following acknowledgements for company leadership in the industry:
- Forbes Magazine named Old Dominion as one of America’s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies for the third consecutive year.
- NASSTRAC honored the company as 2014 Carrier of the Year for the second consecutive year.
- Mastio & Company ranked Old Dominion as No. 1 National LTL carrier for the fourth consecutive year.
- Transport Topics named OD as one of the Top 50 Freight Transportation Firms.
- For the 4th consecutive year, Inbound Logistics named the company to its 75 Green Supply Chain Partners (G75) List
- CIO magazine recognized Old Dominion for IT Excellence with the CIO 100 Award for the fifth consecutive year.
- For the 4th consecutive year, Logistics Management honored OD with the Quest for Quality Award.
- Fortune Magazine named OD as one of the Top 100 Fastest-Growing Companies.
- Inbound Logistics magazine recognized Old Dominion as a 2013 Top 100 Trucker.
- FleetOwner magazine honors OD with Fleet of the Year Award.